+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Burn

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    46,526

    Burn

    I don't want this to turn into a have a go at Burn because it's hit the point I don't think I blame him any more. He has so much pride in playing for the shirt that he'd play whereever he was asked, whether he could or not.

    I love Eddie but surely he can see what we all do now, surely, every club targets Burn relentlessly (as we would if we were playing against him) and then he gets taken off when the damage is done - 2 or 3 games in a row now.

    I get loyalty to a player, I get not wanting to be looking like you've bowed to fan/media pressure but. . .

    Next week it'll be Burn against Saka. . . that is a disaster waiting to happen. Tino needs to start next week.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25,839
    Aye, Burn can't start against Saka, it would be madness.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    46,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, Burn can't start against Saka, it would be madness.
    And yet, I genuinely think he will.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    260
    Dan Burn is a really good player but he is a left sided central defender NOT A LEFT BACK
    Keep him in his proper position and letís use one of our left backs

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,462
    Eddie, play Burn by all means but not where he is, he is off it this season. You are not doing him or yourself any favours. I'm a big BDB fan but FFS.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    And yet, I genuinely think he will.
    He'll be closer to a P45 if he does.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I don't want this to turn into a have a go at Burn because it's hit the point I don't think I blame him any more. He has so much pride in playing for the shirt that he'd play whereever he was asked, whether he could or not.

    I love Eddie but surely he can see what we all do now, surely, every club targets Burn relentlessly (as we would if we were playing against him) and then he gets taken off when the damage is done - 2 or 3 games in a row now.

    I get loyalty to a player, I get not wanting to be looking like you've bowed to fan/media pressure but. . .

    Next week it'll be Burn against Saka. . . that is a disaster waiting to happen. Tino needs to start next week.
    SERIOUSLY, apart from his big frame, and commitment to the cause, is he good enough ????????

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9,562
    Another game where the warning signs were there to see and then Eddie reacts too late and takes Burn off after theyíve done him for pace???

    I get having to play Longstaff
    I get having to play Miggy
    We have an option at LB

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,190
    Quote Originally Posted by toonozandy View Post
    SERIOUSLY, apart from his big frame, and commitment to the cause, is he good enough ????????
    Yes, as a squad rotation player for central defence.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,730
    If Eddie wants Dan Burn to be in the team then he has th play him in his rightful position of cb. That means either dropping Schar or Botman, not gonna happen, so, play Schar in midfield and drop Longstaff, play Burn cab,and Tino comes in at left back. That’s the only way I can see to solving Eddie’s problem. Either that or bench him,which he seems reluctant to do. Eddie’s the boss thank god.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •