+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lejeune/Botman

Lejeune/Botman

We all know Lejeune was never quite the same after that cunt Kane crocked him.

Might be premature but I'm hoping the absolute clowns in our medical department who let Botman play on with an ACL injury for a couple of games haven't done similar because he hasn't been the same since he came back.

Just a miserable thought on a miserable night.

I think the team are overall f**ked, it’s probably hard for Botman to find his feet.

After wolves we have Palace, West Ham, Everton, Fulham.

I’d say let’s have Bruno go in hard at some point against Blackburn, miss wolves and Chelsea and get that monkey off his back and be back for those 4 games.

Let’s get Willock and Isak match fit.

Our season could kick off from them 4 games, and then we face Spurs at home and Man Utd away… if we can go into them with some form we have after that… Sheff Utd, Burnley, Brighton, Brentford.

If we can keep Willock fit and Bruno then we have more quality/experience in the middle and that is going to define our run in.

We could end up finishing strong, or it could end up being a disappointing final 10 games.

It's not the end of the world, it just seems like it after that dismal first half showing.
    The second half was a bit more acceptable and that was down to the changes.
    Botman will find his feet again.
    Even Schar was dodgy as hell.
    Nearly the entire team laid down in that first half.
    We will get back on track.

We have a chance to put it right on tuesday but we need a hugh uplift in performance, and attitude to win.

I think we have to be careful not to draw conclusions from one of our best players having one poor game.
    You could argue that he’s not playing as well as last season bur, barring Gordon and maybe Bruno, who is.
    I think our midfield problems are largely causing our defensive leakage but the with/without Pope playing goals conceded stats are massive.

I also worry about that Zip.

However, I think toptoon is right - we have no protection really in front of the defence and the defence are clearly less happy with Dubs/Karius behind them.

We need another goalkeepershould Pope have a problem. WE CANNOT RELY ON DUBS AND KARIUS AGAIN.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)