+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Get the monkey off Bruno’s back

Get the monkey off Bruno’s back

Mentioned it on another, but I’d quite happily see Bruno stick his foot in against Blackburn, take the yellow and the 2 game ban… and then he can come back and play his game without having to hold back.

Willock will get more time, and after the 2 game ban if we have Bruno and Willock and preferably Miley, but can see Howe playing Longstaff, then our midfield will have a bit more about it going into 4 games we should press to take the points from… we want 12 points out of the 4 games after Chelsea to have any hope of really pushing for a Top 8 spot

I don't think yellows count in FA Cup to transfer to league games

I think only red cards carry over from cup games to premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    I don't think yellows count in FA Cup to transfer to league games
    Yeah, you’re right, was confused with red cards carrying over into the league (like with Bruno v Soton in league cup last year)

He’s obviously got the 2 game suspension hanging over his head and it’s affecting the way he plays, would rather he gets another booking and suspension out of the way, he can then revert back to his normal game. A midfield of Bruno Willock and Miley/ Anderson/ Longstaff, to choose from, but Longstaff shouldn’t start, and Mileys playing too many games for a 17 yr old in my opinion. He would benefit from a rest. Botman didn’t look like himself against Arsenal, and I wonder if that knee injury, which was wrongly diagnosed by our medical team, is having an effect? Part of me wishes the season was over now, but that feeling will pass, still shocked by our performance on Sat, at least we have a chance to put that right on Tuesday, if we lose, not sure where that would leave us, suppose “ we can concentrate on the league” comes to mind.

Aye - fair points actually.

Not a bad thought.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)