+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: England shirt garbage

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20,641

    England shirt garbage

    Well done Starmer, call it out.
    This is exactly the sort of garbage that winds folks up.
    How many other countries flags have been defaced like this?
    Try doing it with the jocks or Irish/Welsh flags and see what happens.
    The flag of St George is seen as an object to be scorned in some folks eyes.
    Perhaps Thornberry works for Nike now?

    https://news.sky.com/story/sir-keir-...cross-13099453

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    1,075
    The price is offensive.

    That is all.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    6,508
    But is it Nikes fault? Whoever commissioned them to design the shirts (the FA I guess) would have had to sign off on it. They could have easily said "no".

    I won't be wasting 130 on it anyway

    Would be interesting to see the response if they had tried to switch the red, white and blue of the stars and stripes to o turquoise, orange and green

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    1,075
    Suppose we could have had a picture of Princess Kate wearing one then we would be well and truly done for.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    But is it Nikes fault? Whoever commissioned them to design the shirts (the FA I guess) would have had to sign off on it. They could have easily said "no".

    I won't be wasting 130 on it anyway

    Would be interesting to see the response if they had tried to switch the red, white and blue of the stars and stripes to o turquoise, orange and green
    Nike has called it "a playful update"?

    WTF is that supposed to mean?
    Is it ok to "play" with anyones national flag?
    If Nike did this, then the FA should have rejected it full stop. Which makes me wonder, which woke individual was behind this decision inside the FA?
    Yet another example of someones invidual feelings deciding whats right for all of us.
    You'd think they'd learn after the likes of the Bud Light fiasco.

    https://news.sky.com/story/nike-engl...cross-13099750

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Well done Starmer, call it out.
    This is exactly the sort of garbage that winds folks up.
    How many other countries flags have been defaced like this?
    Try doing it with the jocks or Irish/Welsh flags and see what happens.
    The flag of St George is seen as an object to be scorned in some folks eyes.
    Perhaps Thornberry works for Nike now?

    https://news.sky.com/story/sir-keir-...cross-13099453
    Actually he is a tw@t for trying to appeal to the faux outrage of the gammons on this, not a smart move IMO.

    I've been quietly amused by the gammon losing their **** over a design on a football shirt, I mean its not as if it hasn't been done before in other England kits, but I guess gammons memories don't go back very far!! Get a ****inglife! Its a design on a flippin football shirt not the reworking of a national flag.

    The flag of St George, which was actually the flag of Genoa, adopted by the English so that they could gain protection from pirates at sea.

    Oh and St George, who wasn't English (possibly of Greek and Palestinian descent and never set foot in England. Indeed it is very likely today that you and the other gammons would in fact be demanding the repatriation of anyone of his heritage who dared to set foot on English soil.

    So ****ing funny I've nearly wet myself!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    But is it Nikes fault? Whoever commissioned them to design the shirts (the FA I guess) would have had to sign off on it. They could have easily said "no".

    I won't be wasting 130 on it anyway

    Would be interesting to see the response if they had tried to switch the red, white and blue of the stars and stripes to o turquoise, orange and green
    Have a look back through some other England football kits the flag and its colours have been changed many times before. Not you, but those tw@ts with such sad lives that they have nothing better to do than complain about a design on a football shirt are just demonstrating a lack of awareness here.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Nike has called it "a playful update"?

    WTF is that supposed to mean?
    Is it ok to "play" with anyones national flag?
    If Nike did this, then the FA should have rejected it full stop. Which makes me wonder, which woke individual was behind this decision inside the FA?
    Yet another example of someones invidual feelings deciding whats right for all of us.
    You'd think they'd learn after the likes of the Bud Light fiasco.

    https://news.sky.com/story/nike-engl...cross-13099750
    When you do a little research and find out how many other times the flag has been altered on England football shirts, your going to feel even more stupid than you normally do.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    1,075
    Applauds Swale. I just don't get it. Well actually I do. Had nothing been said people would have been happy spending a crazy amount of money on these shirts but because someone has kicked off then it's different.

    **** me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,174
    IMO its a ******* dropped by Nike and The England hierarchy, I'd expect nothing less from the latter. Its not like its the first time though, and I still have an official fan shirt from 2002 (which WAS withdrawn, but a lot less fuss made) which had a very clear cross of St George but the design also had on it what I imagine was meant to be the dragon he slayed, but which some bright spark had lifted at random from clipart and selected the dragon off the WELSH flag.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •