+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: OT - the US White House race

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,430

    OT - the US White House race

    Hopefully, sufficient Republicans will realise that the DoJ didn't start proceedings against Trump in the middle of a Presidential Election campaign but that he decided to run for President in the middle of several civil and criminal court cases...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20,037
    I wouldn't hold your breath! Seems to me, as with most of the current Tory party, obtaining or retaining power by any means possible is the aim and morality, ethics facts and truth etc. are irrelevant.

    I mean one would have thought that most Republicans would not want to be associated with a guy who basically encouraged insurrection, tried to overturn a legitimate ballot and has no respect for either the law or the constitution. But apparently not.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    1,075
    I don't get why either wants to do it. They will both be in their mid 80s by the end of the next term.

    Get yourself on a beach somewhere you bloody lunatics.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,430
    Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    I don't get why either wants to do it. They will both be in their mid 80s by the end of the next term.

    Get yourself on a beach somewhere you bloody lunatics.
    To make sure the other doesn't get in...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    12,961
    Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath! Seems to me, as with most of the current Tory party, obtaining or retaining power by any means possible is the aim and morality, ethics facts and truth etc. are irrelevant.

    I mean one would have thought that most Republicans would not want to be associated with a guy who basically encouraged insurrection, tried to overturn a legitimate ballot and has no respect for either the law or the constitution. But apparently not.
    Agreed…not forgetting this is the cretin who, while President, seriously suggested injecting disinfectant to protect oneself against Covid! But then, having visited many times, I’ve broadly concluded that, whilst those on the northern half of the eastern seaboard and those on the West Coast are sane and frequently lovely…there’s an awful lot of ‘bonkers’ elsewhere.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20,641
    I do love the lets slate Trump tirade, whilst ignoring the blithering idiot that is Biden.

    Quick look at the hot topics in the US and surprise surprise, it mirrors here.

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ter-issues-us/


    NB, the east coast is a wonderland of sanity isn't it?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzy5...annel=BestIron

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    6,508
    I think rA's "two legs bad, four legs bad" analysis of the American populace has a lot to do with the political leanings of the selected areas of "good" which by pure chance coincide with his own leanings. If I were an avid KKK confederate, then I'd see California and New England as sources of pure evil. Thus frankly it should surprise no-one, and in all honesty has little merit.

    Politically America is divided into the centre right democrats and the ultra right republicans. The parties don't really have a lot to do with the presidency race, save that each nominate (eventually) one person, and that person is fundamentally the person whose pocket is deepest. Thus you buy your way to power and as a consequence get geriatrics standing to pursue their own egotistical ends: its more like winning a badge, but frighteningly a rather powerful badge with the ability to wipe out the world on a whim.

    Such individuals who buy their way in should not be afforded this luxury as its possible to see the red button being pushed in a moment of Alzheimers led sitting down on a cushion! But a total overhaul of a political system, which has many positive checks and balances built in, is required to take away the ultimate power of cash rich geriatrics. At least Kennedy was a cash rich middle ager

    Arguably the role of President needs abolishing, or at least knocking back to a non executive head of state: rather like King Jugears. But thats a whole new story

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,430
    For balance TTR, Biden appears to be suffering dementia when you consider the number of things he forgets or simply gets wrong. Falls over a lot. Is obviously unfit for office and definitely not capable of "4 more years".

    Trump? Pathological liar. Misogynist. This is his contribution to kids' education..

    Name:  trump teaches kids.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  21.0 KB

    In Biden's favour is the current state of the US economy which is better than when he took over 4 years ago. In Trump's favour, he's had no influence for 4 years and the crowd's are chanting 4 more years

    Trump appears to be Putin's mate at 1st sight but, with his record of lying, his praise of Putin probably wasn't intended to be taken seriously.

    In short, Robert F Kennedy has thrown his hat into the ring. It wouldn't surprise me to see Nikki Haley on the ballot sheet as she only said she was suspending her candidature, she has yet to quit the race. A Dem, a rep and 2 independents on the ballot? Could well happen.

    Could one of the indy's win? In the primaries only about 10% of those entitled to vote did so... personally, I don't think either of the two "main" contenders should win. One is senile and the other is... unfit for public office and a danger to the Western world IMO.

    Better for you tricky?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    12,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I think rA's "two legs bad, four legs bad" analysis of the American populace has a lot to do with the political leanings of the selected areas of "good" which by pure chance coincide with his own leanings. If I were an avid KKK confederate, then I'd see California and New England as sources of pure evil. Thus frankly it should surprise no-one, and in all honesty has little merit.

    Politically America is divided into the centre right democrats and the ultra right republicans. The parties don't really have a lot to do with the presidency race, save that each nominate (eventually) one person, and that person is fundamentally the person whose pocket is deepest. Thus you buy your way to power and as a consequence get geriatrics standing to pursue their own egotistical ends: its more like winning a badge, but frighteningly a rather powerful badge with the ability to wipe out the world on a whim.

    Such individuals who buy their way in should not be afforded this luxury as its possible to see the red button being pushed in a moment of Alzheimers led sitting down on a cushion! But a total overhaul of a political system, which has many positive checks and balances built in, is required to take away the ultimate power of cash rich geriatrics. At least Kennedy was a cash rich middle ager

    Arguably the role of President needs abolishing, or at least knocking back to a non executive head of state: rather like King Jugears. But thats a whole new story
    I did say ‘broadly concluded’, GP. Obviously the ‘political leanings’ aspect isn’t going to be irrelevant to my opinion but equally, when looking at guns and attitudes to firearms, in my experience there is more sense spoken in the areas I’ve mentioned than in others.
    For example I like aspects of Florida - climate and wildlife - and Utah - which has some of the most astonishing scenery/landscapes I’ve ever seen - but the overwhelming acceptance of the need to carry a weapon in those two states is, imo ‘bonkers’.
    Clearly my political sympathies are more Democrat than Republican, but in any case Trump transcends all that and, for the reasons already given by others, the Republicans should, again imo, be ashamed of associating themselves with such a deluded and immoral individual.

    P.S. Tricky…any chance of you starting your own ‘Immigration’ thread instead of repeatedly hijacking other people’s when neither the UK nor the US elections are likely to be fought on your favourite single issue? That way we’ll see how much interest you can actually generate rather than how many YouTube clips you can inflict on the rest of us.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 28-03-2024 at 04:49 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20,641
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    For balance TTR, Biden appears to be suffering dementia when you consider the number of things he forgets or simply gets wrong. Falls over a lot. Is obviously unfit for office and definitely not capable of "4 more years".

    Trump? Pathological liar. Misogynist. This is his contribution to kids' education..

    Name:  trump teaches kids.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  21.0 KB

    In Biden's favour is the current state of the US economy which is better than when he took over 4 years ago. In Trump's favour, he's had no influence for 4 years and the crowd's are chanting 4 more years

    Trump appears to be Putin's mate at 1st sight but, with his record of lying, his praise of Putin probably wasn't intended to be taken seriously.

    In short, Robert F Kennedy has thrown his hat into the ring. It wouldn't surprise me to see Nikki Haley on the ballot sheet as she only said she was suspending her candidature, she has yet to quit the race. A Dem, a rep and 2 independents on the ballot? Could well happen.

    Could one of the indy's win? In the primaries only about 10% of those entitled to vote did so... personally, I don't think either of the two "main" contenders should win. One is senile and the other is... unfit for public office and a danger to the Western world IMO.

    Better for you tricky?
    For balance I wasn't backing anyone. I think they are both awful.
    Things you missed off, Trump didn't get the states into one conflict on his watch nor did Putin push his luck. On Bidens watch, 10 million illegals have swarmed into the states, making the topic into the top 3.
    So to clarify, ones a narcisstic, self obsessed megalomaniac and the other an incompetent, clueless muppet who struggles to tie his own shoes.


    The odds, means more of the same, pretty much like this country. SAME OLD, SAME OLD

    https://m.skybet.com/politics/us-pre...ction/26613352
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 28-03-2024 at 05:01 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •