+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Lascelles

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25,819

    Lascelles

    Has done a Botman. Ruptured his ACL, out for 6-9 months.

    ffs...this season couldn't get much worse.

    We may well see Paul Dummett in black and white again.

  2. #2
    Its not all done to bad luck.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,939
    I actually think it's a blessing in disguise.

    Hear me out. BDB now has to go to CB. That means we can play Tino or Hall at LB!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25,819
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    I actually think it's a blessing in disguise.

    Hear me out. BDB now has to go to CB. That means we can play Tino or Hall at LB!
    No, no, that makes sense. We must have the slowest CB pairing in the league now, though.

    Be surprised if Tino plays as soon as Tuesday. The way our season's going it'll be 6 weeks with ligament damage.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    46,507
    It's potentially good in regards Hall/Tino.

    However, it also means that selling him in the summer is now a no go, which means we could well be looking at needing 2 CBs on top of what we already needed.

    Also, cos he only has a year left on contract, we have to sell him in Jan or he can leave for nothing next summer.

    Unless, we give him an extension but that would be a mistake in my opinion.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    No, no, that makes sense. We must have the slowest CB pairing in the league now, though.

    Be surprised if Tino plays as soon as Tuesday. The way our season's going it'll be 6 weeks with ligament damage.
    That is also true...so don't play a high line..it has hurt us loads this season anyway.

    Plus, if the defence sit back and the Midfield copy..we won't be so open...but we have the players to move the ball quickly.

    Tino might not be back yet. Hall has looked good every time.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It's potentially good in regards Hall/Tino.

    However, it also means that selling him in the summer is now a no go, which means we could well be looking at needing 2 CBs on top of what we already needed.

    Also, cos he only has a year left on contract, we have to sell him in Jan or he can leave for nothing next summer.

    Unless, we give him an extension but that would be a mistake in my opinion.
    Yeah..not going to get much anyway. Let him go on a free. Move BDB into CB. Look at a first choice LB. And sign the other CB we needed anyway.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,729
    My f…..g god our club captain has done his CL and all we hear on here is abuse! The guys done his bit for YOUR club you ****in morons! Show some respect for a long term Club servant ,jeez some of you lot should go and support somebody else, you disgust me, “ we are the geordies,the f…..g geordies, blah blah blah, makes me sick!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25,819
    Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    My f…..g god our club captain has done his CL and all we hear on here is abuse! The guys done his bit for YOUR club you ****in morons! Show some respect for a long term Club servant ,jeez some of you lot should go and support somebody else, you disgust me, “ we are the geordies,the f…..g geordies, blah blah blah, makes me sick!
    Tino, man...

    Agreed, maybe we could have shown more overt sympathy (by which I mean I'm sure everyone is gutted for him but maybe we could have said it) but f***ing morons and giving him abuse, etc???

    Sheesh

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,939
    Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    My f..g god our club captain has done his CL and all we hear on here is abuse! The guys done his bit for YOUR club you ****in morons! Show some respect for a long term Club servant ,jeez some of you lot should go and support somebody else, you disgust me, we are the geordies,the f..g geordies, blah blah blah, makes me sick!
    Nobody gave him abuse!?

    If you are talking about my post, it was more to do with BDB not playing as LB than Lascelles playing. Although BDB is better.

    It's a shame he's injured. It won't be a shame when he leaves. He's been a good servant? Been well paid and done a good job now and again, but he's not good enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •