+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poison - everywhere he goes

Poison - everywhere he goes

Matt Taylor: Bristol Rovers 'lost intent' after players knew futures - BBC Sport" https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/a...5n9v0jjyno.amp

Millers have blamed the players we have though... so is it possible there's poor attitudes all over the game? I don't rate MT at all, but that doesn't mean he's always in the wrong.

Perhaps he should explain why he thought it was a good management idea to tell players they’re not wanted so early
    It’s fairly obvious what was going to happen and it is the same in any working environment

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Perhaps he should explain why he thought it was a good management idea to tell players they’re not wanted so early
    It’s fairly obvious what was going to happen and it is the same in any working environment
    I'm under the impression George Friend is their DoF, so possible MT has little to do with contracts. Either way, I doubt players are led along with extension talk if they're obviously not part of future plans - there's a point where they have to be professional (and a point where some things cease to be Matt Taylor's fault).

Main player also sold in January for big bucks so looks like the funds have been spent by Joey

Mr Motivator annihilated our squad and is doing the same to the Gas. Still SMH at 'nobody could do better with this squad (wot I assembled)'.
    However useless Richardson, Mutt Taylor had taken all the wheels off already, and took them with him.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    That's Taylor for you, knows how easy it is to upset the apple cart or in our case, tip it upside down! Can't wait for next season to stick it to him, that's if he's still there when we come to play them. Anyway, enough talking about him we've got Evo who is by far a better Manager and motivator.

Matt Taylor destroyed a very decent squad we had. I wanted him to succeed but he failed miserably and it was all his own doing. As soon as barlaser went that was the beginning of the end. Followed by numerous others. To bring in with what to the outside must have been Rotherham’s biggest budget in our history to see the current tripe and no triers. Absolutely useless and even though we stay up last season none of it was down to Taylor. And that’s being kind.

In 12 months he'll be selling insurance. Terrible example of megalomania

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    In 12 months he'll be selling insurance. Terrible example of megalomania
    GAS fans want him gone.

I'm not sure if he was better or worse than LR at this point. I'm going to go with it being a dead heat.

He talks well. I suspect given several seasons he'd get it right which is what happened at Exeter.

I know what he was trying to do here - as do we all - but how he tried to do it and how many he isolated along the way.... Only to turn back to them is astonishing.

Interestingly, they've had a lot of soft tissue injuries. Funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast