+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Scott McMann

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Posts
    1,363

    Scott McMann

    Many will be a bit surprised that Scott is leaving.
    He was a true pro for us, wore the shirt with pride and always gave 100% even when asked to play out of his favoured left back position.
    He was a warrior in every game, never hid, never shirked a tackle even when things were difficult last season.
    Thankyou Scott and best wishes for the future.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,369
    I'll echo that and add that I'm a bit pi55ed off he's leaving as imo he ran Sibbald close for poty. If its his choice then so be it,a fresh challenge and all that but if its us that's released him then I hope we have a better player than him already lined up because if not then I feel we've let a good player go for no credible reason.

  3. #3
    Agree with that, an honest pro and always gave his all.

    While certainly not alone, he was terrible in the season we went down.

    But, thanks and best of luck Scott.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 08-05-2024 at 04:37 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I'll echo that and add that I'm a bit pi55ed off he's leaving as imo he ran Sibbald close for poty. If its his choice then so be it,a fresh challenge and all that but if its us that's released him then I hope we have a better player than him already lined up because if not then I feel we've let a good player go for no credible reason.
    As you say it might be family or other non football reasons that he's made that decision himself.
    But if we've released him we need to have an even better player coming in.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,038
    Defo the club that has let him go. Leaves withmy best wishes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,587
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Agree with that, an honest pro and always gave his all.

    While certainly not alone, he was terrible in the season were went down.

    But, thanks and best of luck Scott.
    You beat me too it TTT, on both points. He had a shocker of a season. Just didn't have the pace for one on ones in the top league.. In saying that , he was exposed for reasons most are all familiar with.

    I would have kept him on, thinking that after having such a great season this time, he may have progressed a bit.

    Surprised? yes a wee bit. Happy? not really. But........ If this is how serious we are going to be to get this team SPL capable, Fair enough.

    MUST , have a deal done already for left back you would think after this decision.

    Then again.......................

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    21,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I'll echo that and add that I'm a bit pi55ed off he's leaving as imo he ran Sibbald close for poty. If its his choice then so be it,a fresh challenge and all that but if its us that's released him then I hope we have a better player than him already lined up because if not then I feel we've let a good player go for no credible reason.

    I'm shocked at this decision, definitely didn't expect that and even if it was a case of a better player lined up, you want two for every position and strength in depth and surely at worst he'd push any new player and be there when needed

    108 apps, gave it his all and was also good in the 4th place season, feel this is a mistake, disappointing

    Beatst of luck to him unless ends up at a rival

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,657
    Also a few of the young guard gone too. Mochrie meekison chalmers. All had there chances but never really got there. Wee bit suprised at Flynn Duffy going always thought he was viewed as a decent prospect.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Defo the club that has let him go. Leaves withmy best wishes.
    It has to be. This was what he said on his future jsut a couple of days ago


    Do I want to stay? 100 per cent. Absolutely. I would love to stay here.

    Ive really enjoyed my time at this club, and I want that to continue.

    Well just enjoy the celebrations and see what comes during the next week or two.


    I can only suspect a replacement has been identified.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,369
    Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    It has to be. This was what he said on his future jsut a couple of days ago


    Do I want to stay? 100 per cent. Absolutely. I would love to stay here.

    Ive really enjoyed my time at this club, and I want that to continue.

    Well just enjoy the celebrations and see what comes during the next week or two.


    I can only suspect a replacement has been identified.
    Makes it even more galling that he's going reading that. I get that he didn't have a good season the last time in the Premier but who would being in front of that fkn goalie? and even our so called show players like McGrath and Levitt were pi5h. I honestly don't get the reasoning behind him going, he had the momentum of a good season behind him going into next.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •