+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The coaching set up

The coaching set up

Any news on who might be joining the coaching set up?
    We know it won't be Revell now.
    Will Dan Green want to stay on and work with Evans? If not we could be looking for two.
    Can anyone remember who were the other first team coaches when Evans was here last?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Any news on who might be joining the coaching set up?
    We know it won't be Revell now.
    Will Dan Green want to stay on and work with Evans? If not we could be looking for two.
    Can anyone remember who were the other first team coaches when Evans was here last?
    That Warne bloke and I think JB used to chip in

So evans and rayner don’t coach the team then?

It’s quite obvious they will want to bring their own choices in. And considering the past, so they should.

Ans warne was a fitness coach, which is something quite different.

Defensive coach anyone? 😆

One thing is clear, for success in league 1 we need to be good at set pieces and similarly good at defending them

Wouldn't be shocked to see a clear out.

And you need 3/4 staff + the manager for any first team at pro level. Ideally 3:1 according to the best of them.

The coaching hasn’t been very successful and certainly has not lived up to the original hype
    One of our ex Managers cited the recruitment of one coach as the …..best signing of the season….mmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    The coaching hasn’t been very successful and certainly has not lived up to the original hype
    One of our ex Managers cited the recruitment of one coach as the …..best signing of the season….mmmmm
    Pep could coach the team but if the game of the day tactics and formation were chosen by Leam Richardson then I wouldn't be fancying our chances

So what does the first team coach actually do?
    I'm assuming Evans and Raynor determine the tactics and line up for each game and then oversee things on the training ground.
    Is the first team coach just responsible for improving the technical abilities of the players so that, in theory, they are capable of implementing the management team's requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    So what does the first team coach actually do?
    I'm assuming Evans and Raynor determine the tactics and line up for each game and then oversee things on the training ground.
    Is the first team coach just responsible for improving the technical abilities of the players so that, in theory, they are capable of implementing the management team's requirements?
    I know two U21 coaches that do exactly what you suggest. Bit different with U21 as the managers are usually good at technical development too. Both work one things like ball control and set pieces etc. It's then a case of feedback and reporting up the chain about a players development.