+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Junior Hoilett ??

Junior Hoilett ??

Junior H is about to sign as RW from Aberdeen on a one year contract...apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by glasgowdave View Post
    Junior H is about to sign as RW from Aberdeen on a one year contract...apparently.
    If he’s still fit that would be a very decent signing and some very good experience too.

If he comes... Left wing? JJ moving to the right?

Just seen it’s from that TC9 on Twitter, very likely to be rubbish and he’s been excellent for Aberdeen so I can’t see it.

He only signed for Aberdeen on a short term deal till end of season

One of the best things Neil Warnock did during his brief tenure at Aberdeen was persuading JH to join Aberdeen on a temporary basis. I saw the cup game v Kilmarnock which turned out to be Neil’s final game in charge and his only prominent victory. JH was good that day and I understand has continued to perform impressively for the remainder of the season. I believe he is happy at Aberdeen so would be most surprised if their arrangement was not made permanent for, at least, next season.
    In January I harboured a hope that Notts would make a move for Aberdeen defender, Angus MacDonald, who had been consistently overlooked by the previous manager. However, Neil brought him back into the team and I’m afraid any hopes I had of AM coming to Notts have now well and truly gone.

Can't see it. He's 33, will have huge wage demands, and we already have the best player in the division playing in his position. Sounds like a Wrexham-style signing.