+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle bid £16m for Trafford.

Newcastle bid £16m for Trafford.

Apparently the clubs are in discussion to make a deal.pace wants £20m.Probably end up with around £18m then.Not such a good investment after all.At least the club get their money back-hopefully.
    Seems a low fee in my humble opinion.Then again we sold Popey for £10m.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Apparently the clubs are in discussion to make a deal.pace wants £20m.Probably end up with around £18m then.Not such a good investment after all.At least the club get their money back-hopefully.
    Seems a low fee in my humble opinion.Then again we sold Popey for £10m.
    18 probably gets about 8m profit, but some of that goes to city

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    18 probably gets about 8m profit, but some of that goes to city
    According to Tranfermarkt we paid €17.3m for him which is around £16m.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/james-...spieler/566799

Does this mean that Nick Pope's time at Newcastle is comng to an end?

Alright lads? Thought I would drop by and get the Burnley perspective on Trafford. From the little I saw of him last season he looked…shaky. Would that be a fair assessment? That said, 21 is no age for a goalkeeper and you bought him last summer for his potential so I’m willing to forgive him a poor season given he was chucked in at the deep end.

I wasn’t exactly enthused when we poached Popey from you either but he turned out to be great. Pity he can’t kick a ball for toffee. We’re looking to sign a keeper as backup for Pope, I would imagine, but with potential to replace him next year or the year after. Pope has a recurring shoulder injury which is a major concern and our other keepers aren’t good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post
    Alright lads? Thought I would drop by and get the Burnley perspective on Trafford. From the little I saw of him last season he looked…shaky. Would that be a fair assessment? That said, 21 is no age for a goalkeeper and you bought him last summer for his potential so I’m willing to forgive him a poor season given he was chucked in at the deep end.

I wasn’t exactly enthused when we poached Popey from you either but he turned out to be great. Pity he can’t kick a ball for toffee. We’re looking to sign a keeper as backup for Pope, I would imagine, but with potential to replace him next year or the year after. Pope has a recurring shoulder injury which is a major concern and our other keepers aren’t good enough.
    Trafford is a brilliant shot stopper, and just needs a bit of time and coaching to develop.

I can't see us selling him for anything less than £20 million and in any event City have first dibs on him as part of our original deal.

No doubt whatsoever in my mind he will become the England number one in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post

Popey`s distribution was my only gripe with him.He was fine apart from that.He also had the same shoulder injury here.Trafford is far superior in the distribution department as to be expected from a Citeh academy graduate.

The Daily Fail is reporting that other teams are interested. We should hold out a higher fee and make a profit. Muric is good enough for the Championship. BPF is returning. There is the third keeper. Either BPF is good enough or he should be sold.

I don’t think that we need Trafford.

Man Ewe has released Tom Heaton. We should bring him back. Great keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    The Daily Fail is reporting that other teams are interested. We should hold out a higher fee and make a profit. Muric is good enough for the Championship. BPF is returning. There is the third keeper. Either BPF is good enough or he should be sold.

I don’t think that we need Trafford.

Man Ewe has released Tom Heaton. We should bring him back. Great keeper!
    I agree Swiss.I think he is the best of the lot.Never forget his save at Old Trafford from Ibrahimovic-that was world class.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I agree Swiss.I think he is the best of the lot.Never forget his save at Old Trafford from Ibrahimovic-that was world class.
    I agree CiB. So reliable in every department.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)