+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Miley

Lewis Miley

How much would you sell him for if the club decided they needed to make pure profit?

Personally I think he's better than Afam Wharton who has been picked for the Euros????

But if a club came in and offered 40m+ then I'd be inclined to sell as long as that money improved the squad

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    How much would you sell him for if the club decided they needed to make pure profit?

Personally I think he's better than Afam Wharton who has been picked for the Euros????

But if a club came in and offered 40m+ then I'd be inclined to sell as long as that money improved the squad
    Could we replace his potential for £40 million though.

A couple of seasons in the top flight and perhaps season after next in the C.L. could perhaps double that value.

I wouldn't sell for £40 mil, Tut. If he develops as we all hope and as his performances suggest he will, he'll be worth way more anyway before too long.
    For me, along with Anderson, he's a very important part of our future.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Could we replace his potential for £40 million though.

A couple of seasons in the top flight and perhaps season after next in the C.L. could perhaps double that value.
    Any profit triples.. 40m turns into 120m for ffp

In what type of player you all think he should develop?
    Not doubting his talent, but whats the end game? Its a bit unclear for me

I don't think I'd sell for £40 million either.

I think we keep him progessing as he has and he'll be worth a damn site more.

Even with the FFP value being around £120.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post

£65m would be tempting.

The lad reminds me of a ****ager Steven Gerrard.
    Hes gangly and a little skinny. The way he moves, plays the ball off, runs, turns and has a handful of goals and assists at 17 in his first season.

Selling would be a massive mistake. He's better than that Mainoo kid 100% better, proved it in the cup match when he pocketed him..I've said it before.

The lad is gonna be a world.class midfield. He's a geordie and a really level headed, consciousness professional at 17.

He will go on to be worth £100+mil I have no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    £65m would be tempting.

The lad reminds me of a ****ager Steven Gerrard.
    Hes gangly and a little skinny. The way he moves, plays the ball off, runs, turns and has a handful of goals and assists at 17 in his first season.

Selling would be a massive mistake. He's better than that Mainoo kid 100% better, proved it in the cup match when he pocketed him..I've said it before.

The lad is gonna be a world.class midfield. He's a geordie and a really level headed, consciousness professional at 17.

He will go on to be worth £100+mil I have no doubt
    By tempting, I mean if the first offer of £65m in cash came in it would start the conversation.

However, bit like the Minteh situation. If a direct opponent for the top 4, the dumpster munchers of Merseyside believe that the kid has a value of £40m at his age, surely it means we should keep hold of him and give him that RWF role next season?

With the support of Murphy dipping in and out, selling Miggy on for £20m we've ticked that recruitment box for £7-9m quid. Excellent business.

Just seems like creating more work and headaches to sell one of Europe's emerging talents in that position we have on the books to then go out and negotiate with other clubs to bring in a player with equal potential.

Shouldn’t be sold, full stop, can’t believe we are even discussing this. I know it’s all hypothetical but howay man!

Talk of 40 million is fanciful. He’s talented but very young and raw. He would benefit hugely from a loan move to a team who play a similar style to ourselves at either Championship or even League One level. I’d be looking at this option for next season with a recall clause incase we’re plagued by injuries again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)