+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sniffing for Humphreys or just paper talk

Sniffing for Humphreys or just paper talk

Last edited by CAMiller; 09-06-2024 at 03:50 PM.

I truly think that the season would have been very different if both Humphreys and Blackett had not gotten injured.

Humphreys is a class above!

Doubtful he'll sign another contract with us so we need to sell him before we get into another Viktor/Ogbene/Barlaser debate.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Doubtful he'll sign another contract with us so we need to sell him before we get into another Viktor/Ogbene/Barlaser debate.
    If he stays and plays his part in a promotion winning side it would be worth more than any sale I’d have thought.

They’ll be a debate regardless 🥴

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    If he stays and plays his part in a promotion winning side it would be worth more than any sale I’d have thought.

They’ll be a debate regardless ��
    Didn't we just take a similar gamble on Viktor 'keeping us up'? The gamble's the same on Cam 'getting us up'? A bird in the hand and all that!

Stable lad tells me Cam has a release clause in his contract if we went down, hence why all this may have started. He’s may have had his agent on the line saying he doesn’t fancy League 1 football.

I don’t want us to stall on this, if needs must then sell him and pronto as that will be another defensive position we will have to fill.

Get Barry Fry on a retainer to sell for us. he’ll get 2-3 Million for him, well he would have done so if he was a Posh player.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Get Barry Fry on a retainer to sell for us. he’ll get 2-3 Million for him, well he would have done so if he was a Posh player.
    Like he did for Clarke-Harris?

Not sure if I would be upset if Humphries stays or goes.

He had some decent games when fit but really he was surrounded by mediocrity and players that didn't give a toss, which might have made him look better by comparison

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Didn't we just take a similar gamble on Viktor 'keeping us up'? The gamble's the same on Cam 'getting us up'? A bird in the hand and all that!
    When would his initial contract have run out?

He signed a 2 year deal on better terms which was the reason he stayed. The clause in his contract guaranteed us a pay day. It wasn’t what his market value was but they’ll be a better sell on clause I hope. He’s at a club that are able to get better value for players.

Wouldn't have thought Wednesday can afford to buy Cam,when they couldn't afford to keep Vaulks ,who is now going to Oxford.We should be able to get very good fee for this star defender.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast