+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Transfer window -our players

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,808

    Transfer window -our players

    I do believe itís important now to make a decision on a manger as the transfer window is opening and clubs are starting to circle on potential bargains from relegated clubs ( our position is weak I believe with no manager - views - structure and or relationship with players ) by this I mean heads get turned easier when players are un settled donít know whatís happening.

    Just my thoughts really - the club should be making a final decision imo for the appointment and letting the manger see what he has- wants to keep and what he believes he needs to ditch.

    I appreciate things can move quickly / transfers in and out - but no one or the right person at the rudder of the ship - imo anyway could make - break our season. ( if I was a player Iíd want to know who Iím playing with - for ) A lot could be riding on who stays - goes and comes.

    Example Esteve - Bruun Larson - Trafford ( expected )

  2. #2
    No-one knows who makes the decisions on ins & outs except Alan Pace and he ain't telling.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    22,341
    Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I do believe it’s important now to make a decision on a manger as the transfer window is opening and clubs are starting to circle on potential bargains from relegated clubs ( our position is weak I believe with no manager - views - structure and or relationship with players ) by this I mean heads get turned easier when players are un settled don’t know what’s happening.

    Just my thoughts really - the club should be making a final decision imo for the appointment and letting the manger see what he has- wants to keep and what he believes he needs to ditch.

    I appreciate things can move quickly / transfers in and out - but no one or the right person at the rudder of the ship - imo anyway could make - break our season. ( if I was a player I’d want to know who I’m playing with - for ) A lot could be riding on who stays - goes and comes.

    Example Esteve - Bruun Larson - Trafford ( expected )
    Can't argue with the above, you'd hope they make a decision this week, or they're asking for trouble.

  4. #4
    I hope we take as much time as it needs to get the decision right personally.
    We have Bellamy & Jackson holding the fort who are aware of the structure and players but decisions on players leaving will fall with the owners more than the coach/manager if acceptable offers come in for a player he will very likely be sold regardless of who the manager is.
    I'll be amazed if Trafford doesn't go , also Berge (our best player last season imo) will attract offers , Berge staying would be a huge boost but ax15/20M offer and think he'll be gone.
    Odobert may attract offers but not sure any offer would be big enough for us to sell.
    Brun Larsson I'd like to have bought but he's not our player although we have enough wide players with Benson , Zaroury, Koleosho, Redmond, Vitinho & Odobert.
    Think we can offload 3 or 4 sales , send a few out on loan, bring in 2 or 3 and have a very strong squad for the championship.
    Just my opinion.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Andingle01 View Post
    I hope we take as much time as it needs to get the decision right personally.
    We have Bellamy & Jackson holding the fort who are aware of the structure and players but decisions on players leaving will fall with the owners more than the coach/manager if acceptable offers come in for a player he will very likely be sold regardless of who the manager is.
    I'll be amazed if Trafford doesn't go , also Berge (our best player last season imo) will attract offers , Berge staying would be a huge boost but ax15/20M offer and think he'll be gone.
    Odobert may attract offers but not sure any offer would be big enough for us to sell.
    Brun Larsson I'd like to have bought but he's not our player although we have enough wide players with Benson , Zaroury, Koleosho, Redmond, Vitinho & Odobert.
    Think we can offload 3 or 4 sales , send a few out on loan, bring in 2 or 3 and have a very strong squad for the championship.
    Just my opinion.
    I think Redmond's gone.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Can't argue with the above, you'd hope they make a decision this week, or they're asking for trouble.
    I'm not on board with you on this one mon ami. Jackson proved he was very capable when he had to fill in SD's boots and Bellamy had Der Kaiser's ear.

    Give them the gig until Christmas and see how they go. Only sell players with big profit margins, we don't need to buy anybody, we have 40 players on our books already.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think Redmond's gone.
    We signed him last July on a 2 year contract with the club having an option for a 3rd year.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Andingle01 View Post
    We signed him last July on a 2 year contract with the club having an option for a 3rd year.
    We shouldnít have signed him at all

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    22,341
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm not on board with you on this one mon ami. Jackson proved he was very capable when he had to fill in SD's boots and Bellamy had Der Kaiser's ear.

    Give them the gig until Christmas and see how they go. Only sell players with big profit margins, we don't need to buy anybody, we have 40 players on our books already.
    If it is going to be Bellamy and Jackson then make the decision this week and let them get on with it. They have had enough time to find out who is interested in the job, do the due diligence, conduct the interviews and make a decision. There's nothing to be gained by prevaricating in the hope that the longer you wait the more likely you are to make the right decision, no knows what the right decision is, that will be decided at some time in the future, all they can do now is make the best decision they can and keep their fingers crossed.

    Still the only thing that makes any sense to me by appointing Bellamy and Jackson on an interim basis, is that Mr Pace wants Lampard and those two will be holding the fort until Frank has finished his punditry duties, but I could well be wrong, it's football, what has sense go to do with it ?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Andingle01 View Post
    We signed him last July on a 2 year contract with the club having an option for a 3rd year.
    I thought it was only a year deal. Do we actually know what we are doing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •