+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New signings

New signings

I really wish we had our new owners and manager in place, so that we could plan ahead with some new signings.

Instead, not a fkin dickiebird.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I really wish we had our new owners and manager in place, so that we could plan ahead with some new signings.

??????????????

There aren't any, of either!!!

Or were you being ironic/sarcastic? Sorry if I missed that.

Kinda bored, so yes, both those 😝😝

Kinda bored, so yes, both those ����
    I suspect you (and others) will have to wait until the last day of the TW before you see any white smoke from ER

Window only opens today I believe - with the euros starting suspect that will waste a month too.

Struijk coming back is like having a big signing though isn’t it? He was arguably our best player when he got injured. I’m looking forward to him adding strength to our back line and scoring a few hopefully

Yep Struijk was a big loss. Being linked (I realise only linked) with some decent players for this level on loan.

As always, I’m in the ‘I believe it when I see it camp’

In the meantime I will open another Timmy Taylor’s Landlord or two and kick back and enjoy the Summer….like the transfers when it arrives!

My take on matters of "signings" is that players, coaches & owners have to all agree to a transfer do they not - not an easy gig today.

Players point of view ?
    Fine margin between balancing the security of a players career whilst avoiding restricting any possibilities & opportunities that may come along if a player thrives at their current club as the ££££'s can sure begin to surge to urge a change in team colours.

Agents imput ?
    Transfers & loans aint easy to negotiate with the many implications of differing contract lengths for starters via the advantages & disadvantages of longer versus shorter-term contract scenarios on offer.
    So a player’s Agents role obviously plays into ensuring the length of contract that is agreed upon 'will be' the best possible outcome for their client for sure, just look at those Leeds players on long contracts now.🤔

My younger bro decided to accept an option of a 1 year first pro-contract offer instead of 3 years after considering all the elements factored in of playing targets, the financials, playing security & the opportunity to move on as a free agent which he also needed to take into account at the time - so lots to consider & negotiate that the press/media don't report on.

Owners deliberations ?
    Main issue for Owners is "amortisation" via the UEFA Financial Fair Play rules which regulates, monitors & restricts the expenditure of clubs compared to their income & generated revenue which now has huge consequences in concluding any deal types today - so no quick easy negotiated deals for sure nowadays !

Conclusions of transfers ?
    IMO, the truth is the longer contracts provide players with financial/playing security & guaranteed income over a longer period of time, so protect the player financially in the longer-term circumstance against injury or poor performance (as we know at Leeds too well).
    Also, if a player out-performs during their long contract then they'll be too expensive to buy out of their said signed contract for many interested clubs today, which makes moving them on even more difficult.

Shorter contracts are a great option to prolong the career of a player once they have passed their 'peak' or if they're 'out-performing' their current contract worth - as any interested clubs are more likely to be able to afford their transfer & pay them a bigger wedge.

Obviously players have to balance a shorter contract 'tho with less financial security as their income is only guaranteed for a shorter time.
    But a short contract does make becoming a "free agent" easier 'if' they are sought after by other clubs - so becoming a free agent at the end of a shorter contract can be financially lucrative as in the scenario with my young 'bro.

Clubs really do equate to all these above situations i've highlighted, as do Agents & players & only a mug would sign into a first offer, likewise with any occupation when such* choices arrive on the table daily.

Fans position ?
    Fans only see situations projected via the press/media. Traditionally, in order to report on the financial nature of a particular transfer deal a journalist must first have "sources" who were "involved" in the deal.
    That requirement alone means that well over 99% of those writing about football will be left completely in the dark. For those few journalists who have cultivated well-placed sources, the players & financial numbers they are told will then vary depending on which side of the table the source is on !

I read this week my brother is going here & there for this & that - all total bollux !
    At Leeds we'll get who we get & we'll just have to get on with it after they officially tell us all.👍

Just saying.🤗
    Last edited by Monaco_Totty; 15-06-2024 at 10:48 PM.

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)