+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Cashing in.

  1. #1

    Cashing in.

    Weggy scores and his value soars. Spanish footy rag MARCA 16.06.24 claims Zeki Amdouni Es mas bien un falso 9 and is much too good for relegated Burnley. Expect the big bucks coming soon.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,119
    Clearly he won’t want to be playing Championship football so just sell and get the best possible price. Wout is doing his best to drive up his value and he was never (though clearly a player of ability) flavour of the month with some Burnley fans.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,855
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Weggy scores and his value soars. Spanish footy rag MARCA 16.06.24 claims Zeki Amdouni Es mas bien un falso 9 and is much too good for relegated Burnley. Expect the big bucks coming soon.
    I dont understand people obsessing about Amdouni going he is and will be a very good footballer - who we need to keep and score goals for us and get us back up.

    I wander if any of our fans actually ever think maybe we are wrong and shouldn’t slag players off at every opportunity- winds me up when they’re never really given a proper chance ( I’ve said before it’s so easy to slag players - when we should just get behind them - no one does anything wrong on purpose ).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    542
    VK was not interested in adapting his style to the players in the squad. If we can get a manager who are able to do that, then I think we’ll see a new side to some of our “failed” players next season.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,855
    Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    VK was not interested in adapting his style to the players in the squad. If we can get a manager who are able to do that, then I think we’ll see a new side to some of our “failed” players next season.
    But he brought the players Will

    I think reality is the fans booed Weghorst pre season and when that happens without starting a proper game VK was left without much room for manoeuvre

    I agree though to a point as VK had his style and stuck to it even though it was costing us weekly - so fresh eyes and ideas maybe good for some of the squad as we do have players capable of more than we saw last year.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    But he brought the players Will

    I think reality is the fans booed Weghorst pre season and when that happens without starting a proper game VK was left without much room for manoeuvre
    We agree on Weghorst Army, and I think we’re the only two on here that has rated him all the time.
    About the players VK brought in, I think it was all about trying to get potential quality for a low price, and just see what they could develop into within his system. I agree we have players capable of more than seen last season. If we can get a quality manager and keep most of the young talents, we might have a good couple of seasons ahead of us.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,070
    Fans didn't want Weghorst, however, I think that he would have been a real asset to us last season. After the treatment that he received pre-season with fans booing him I reckon that VK thought that, by using Wout in the team, it would harm his own standing with the fans.
    We shall never know, however, I have backed Wout right from the start and particularly in his quest to play top level football in order to put himself up for selection to the Dutch team. I would have done exactly the same.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    542
    True sub, you have backed him as well. And Wout probably didn’t rate us very highly after leaving and coming back to that welcoming comity pre season. So maybe VKs hands were a bit tied. But I hope he tried to keep him…

  9. #9
    Spanish media, Weggy going to Ajax para 7 million euros, Brownhill to Wet Spam para £8 million, Trafford vamos Toon £20 million + add-ons, expect offers for Amdouni.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2024
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I dont understand people obsessing about Amdouni going he is and will be a very good footballer - who we need to keep and score goals for us and get us back up.

    I wander if any of our fans actually ever think maybe we are wrong and shouldn’t slag players off at every opportunity- winds me up when they’re never really given a proper chance ( I’ve said before it’s so easy to slag players - when we should just get behind them - no one does anything wrong on purpose ).
    With you all the way regarding Amdouni. He just needs the right "handler". Agree also about the unfortunate readiness of some fans to quickly pick on players and not give them time to find their feet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •