+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who would you pick and why?

Who would you pick and why?

Jarrod Bowen or Michel Olise

For me thats a tough one.. I'd probably say Bowen would offer us more but Olise will have sell on value in years to come

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    Jarrod Bowen or Michel Olise

For me thats a tough one.. I'd probably say Bowen would offer us more but Olise will have sell on value in years to come
    Bowen but wouldn't pay the money it would take.

Great question.

Of the two - I think for the next season, I would rather have Bowen.

Olise makes the most sense for the project though.

As for why - I think Bowen's experience and attitude would gell well with what we have. He also brings the mentality of big tournment and winning Euro Conference league, which would be good for rest of team.
    Last edited by Jammy89; 19-06-2024 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Didn't read full question

I've changed my mind about 6 times just while reading the replies.

Bowen is more of an Eddie Howe type player, especially with his defensive tracking back.

olise has more potential and would get us up the pitch quicker and probably with more impact so...

Bowlise?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I've changed my mind about 6 times just while reading the replies.

Bowen is more of an Eddie Howe type player, especially with his defensive tracking back.

olise has more potential and would get us up the pitch quicker and probably with more impact so...

Bowlise?
    HAHAHA brilliant Zip mate.

Bowen for the ready made ready yo go. Olise fir tye potential.

For me it's gotta be Oliwen 😁

Can’t see us getting either of them, but would say that RW is probably the most important first choice player we need to bring in this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Can’t see us getting either of them, but would say that RW is probably the most important first choice player we need to bring in this summer.
    No, I agree.

Olise will go to Chelsea because they can do what the fuck they want, it would appear and I don't think Bowen is for sale.

Plus, Dani Dyer's dad would chin him for leaving.

“So I’m very, very wary of clause talk, but there seems to be a deal that can be done for him. Like I say, those three clubs [Chelsea, Newcastle and Bayern Munich] have got permission to speak to him.”

We're in a 3 way with Bayern and Chelsea.

So still not likely he'll come to us but he might just think it's best for his career. He's seen we are stable and what playing regularly for NUFC can do for a players international career. Tripz, Pope & Gordon especially who has broken through into 'Southgate's closed shop' of favourites are proof that a young player can come to our club and thrive.

He'd be the undisputed No.1 and as mentioned in the other post regarding MBuemo, we'd have Minteh hot on his heels pushing for that place.

Also sharing the load with the young Gambian, who, interestingly enough isn't getting the same sort of moans about being African as our pursuit of Diomande I'm noticing.

Selective moanage I guess Haha.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)