+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RATcliffe and Manure penny pinching now.

RATcliffe and Manure penny pinching now.

I'm sure there's something not quite right with this situation and perhaps, a lot more to come out.

QUOTE.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe has admitted that he is having to do 'some things that are unpopular' as Manchester United look to cut costs amid the club's ongoing stalemate with Newcastle United over Dan Ashworth.

In an effort to shake up the club, Sir Jim has ended working from home and highlighted the 'high degree of untidiness' at Manchester United's training ground, including the 'disgraceful' IT department. Non-football staff were invited to take redundancy if they did not wish to work in the office while Sir Jim informed employees they would have to cover their own travel to the FA Cup final in a break from tradition

Corporate restructuring firm Interpath Advisory were also appointed several months ago to oversee a huge cost-cutting drive following years of lavish spending at the club. Perhaps, then, it is not a huge surprise that Manchester United have been reluctant to pay up for Ashworth after Newcastle placed the sporting director on gardening leave in February, but the Magpies continue to hold firm on their higher valuation.

Sir Jim, aware of the compensation Newcastle paid to Brighton to land Ashworth, previously branded the black-and-whites' initial demands of up to £20m as 'silly'. The Manchester United part-owner said it was 'absurd' that Ashworth could be left sidelined until next year if the Red Devils did not cough up.

Sir Jim's comments, and the manner of Manchester United's pursuit, did not go down well on Tyneside after Ashworth was sounded out long before Newcastle were even formally contacted. However, you suspect that did not bother the billionaire.

"At Manchester United, I'm having to do some things which are unpopular," he told Bloomberg. "But I'm happy to do it in a political environment in a way.

"At the end of the day, doing difficult things and a degree of unpopularity in a funny sort of way might make you more popular because somebody is seeing that you're standing up and making some difficult decisions rather than just blowing with the wind a bit. I don't know. Time will tell."

Read into it what you may. I wonder if he's been taken for a ride with the price he paid for what was a minority stake in Manure.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I'm sure there's something not quite right with this situation and perhaps, a lot more to come out.

QUOTE.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe has admitted that he is having to do 'some things that are unpopular' as Manchester United look to cut costs amid the club's ongoing stalemate with Newcastle United over Dan Ashworth.

In an effort to shake up the club, Sir Jim has ended working from home and highlighted the 'high degree of untidiness' at Manchester United's training ground, including the 'disgraceful' IT department. Non-football staff were invited to take redundancy if they did not wish to work in the office while Sir Jim informed employees they would have to cover their own travel to the FA Cup final in a break from tradition

Corporate restructuring firm Interpath Advisory were also appointed several months ago to oversee a huge cost-cutting drive following years of lavish spending at the club. Perhaps, then, it is not a huge surprise that Manchester United have been reluctant to pay up for Ashworth after Newcastle placed the sporting director on gardening leave in February, but the Magpies continue to hold firm on their higher valuation.

Sir Jim, aware of the compensation Newcastle paid to Brighton to land Ashworth, previously branded the black-and-whites' initial demands of up to £20m as 'silly'. The Manchester United part-owner said it was 'absurd' that Ashworth could be left sidelined until next year if the Red Devils did not cough up.

Sir Jim's comments, and the manner of Manchester United's pursuit, did not go down well on Tyneside after Ashworth was sounded out long before Newcastle were even formally contacted. However, you suspect that did not bother the billionaire.

"At Manchester United, I'm having to do some things which are unpopular," he told Bloomberg. "But I'm happy to do it in a political environment in a way.

"At the end of the day, doing difficult things and a degree of unpopularity in a funny sort of way might make you more popular because somebody is seeing that you're standing up and making some difficult decisions rather than just blowing with the wind a bit. I don't know. Time will tell."

Read into it what you may. I wonder if he's been taken for a ride with the price he paid for what was a minority stake in Manure.

ahaha yes mate, posted this on your - Manure grossly over rated and over valued compared to Toon - Thread. Great minds or cellmates in The Geordie Imbeciles Asylum haha

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...pular-29384300

Rat-Face rattles his jaw once more. This man is a deflated ball sack version of Fat C-Ashley. They're gonna run the filth like Sports Direct. The Salford sewer rats aren't gonna like that. Their Prawn Sandwich mob will be packing up and shuffling off to The Etihad en mass once they start using the home brand Mayo instead of Hellmann's. That will be the final straw.

Looking forward to seeing the 'Boycott' that never happened. Will be delicious to see OT with 10,000 empty seats. Oh wait their all fake fans in their little green and yellow scarf. Long may the demise continue, the slower and more painful the better.

"At Manchester United, I'm having to do some things which are unpopular," he told Bloomberg. "But I'm happy to do it in a political environment in a way. At the end of the day, doing difficult things and a degree of unpopularity in a funny sort of way might make you more popular because somebody is seeing that you're standing up and making some difficult decisions rather than just blowing with the wind a bit. I don't know. Time will tell."

The Glazers have had his pants down.

Rat-face's arrogance from years of bullying the Petro-Chemical industry has lead him to a place of utter delusional derealization.

From expecting us to give him C-Ashworth for less than we paid, to the latest penny pinching via the calls for Old Trafford Council to pay for the stadium upgrades.

The man perfect for them. Long may his cheap stake way continue!

They're the new Sports Direct. Delightful

Jim Ratface exposed as arrogant embarrassment - Lifted from the Athletic! hahaha what a clown this man is

https://www.themag.co.uk/2024/06/sir...castle-united/

The Athletic report – 20 June 2024:

Sir Jim Ratcliffe believes UEFA rules on multi-club ownership are unfair as Manchester United were prevented from signing a player from Nice.

The Athletic reported on Wednesday that Nice defender Jean-Clair Todibo, 24, was under consideration as a potential transfer target by United but any move was unlikely due to UEFA rules.

Ligue 1 club Nice are owned by Ratcliffe’s company INEOS, while they and United are currently waiting on a decision over whether they can both play in next season’s Europa League.

Article Five of UEFA’s rulebook states that no individual or legal entity can have “control or influence” over more than one club participating in a UEFA competition, and European football’s governing body must be satisfied that United and Nice are separate entities to maintain their competition’s integrity.

In May, UEFA’s club financial control body first chamber Sunil Gulati outlined that clubs subject to multi-club ownership tests will not be able to transfer any new players between each other during the season they are in the same competition or during the first transfer window immediately afterwards.

“They’ve said we can sell him to another Premiership club, but we can’t sell to Manchester United,” Ratcliffe said in an interview with Bloomberg. “But that’s not fair on the player and I don’t see what that achieves.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Jim Ratface exposed as arrogant embarrassment - Lifted from the Athletic! hahaha what a clown this man is

“They’ve said we can sell him to another Premiership club, but we can’t sell to Manchester United,” Ratcliffe said in an interview with Bloomberg. “But that’s not fair on the player and I don’t see what that achieves.”
    Isn't this more or less the same as the restrictions the same saggy ball sack was whining about when we were looking to sell our players to Saudi?

Glad he 'doesn't see what that achieves.' It proves how clueless he is.

How's got the popcorn hahaha

Karma is a biitch 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Karma is a biitch ��
    Yes, it is. It bites hard on the arris.

Yes, it is. It bites hard on the arris.
    It is very pleasing to see this person paired with the filth. A joy to be hold indeed. Long may his cheap skate ways persist.

I was so chuffed to see this actually happen, as I was sure the rules would have been bent.

For me, it was the quote £60 million for clubs last summer and in Jan for the defender yet, allegedly when Man Utd enquired, it was £30 million and they were willing to take staggered payments. . . **** right off.

Even UEFA couldn't hide at the blatency there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Isn't this more or less the same as the restrictions the same saggy ball sack was whining about when we were looking to sell our players to Saudi?

Glad he 'doesn't see what that achieves.' It proves how clueless he is.

How's got the popcorn hahaha
    Thing is, that’s a UEFA rule regarding the clubs playing in the same competition to maintain its sporting integrity…

The rule about us selling to Saudi is just a made up rule by a majority group of Premier League clubs (including Man Utd) to prevent Newcastle from fairly competing in the league.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)