+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has JCH peaked?

Has JCH peaked?

Lots of footballers say if you miss the pre-season through injury then you never quite catch up or regain that match sharpness for the rest of the season.

Is this what is wrong with JCH ?Are we expecting to see an improvement towards the end of this season and next season ?

Or has he peaked as a player and regardless of having a good pre-season or not is this it and all that is left is decline?

All in all, he’s like he was when he was last here. He’s a unit and the opposition find him a handful. I suspect with bit more guile in midfield he will do the business.

To be fair, unlike the first half he certainly put some effort in with his second half performance, but it's a fair question.

With chances missed so far he could/should have had about 8 goals by now.

Missed a header first half and one Vs Cambridge which with confidence he scores.
    Folks comment he's lazy. I'm not sure SE would play him if he was. Has he lost his edge due to age/lack of pre season. Maybe
    what he won't like is a strike partner outshining him like nombe did today. Let's hope he gives that extra 5% that can make a difference

I thought that his best contribution was his defensive tackling today.
    He made a couple of tackles that he should be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Missed a header first half and one Vs Cambridge which with confidence he scores.
    Folks comment he's lazy. I'm not sure SE would play him if he was. Has he lost his edge due to age/lack of pre season. Maybe
    what he won't like is a strike partner outshining him like nombe did today. Let's hope he gives that extra 5% that can make a difference
    Cayton, you’ll see the acid test in the next away match….Peterborough. He will want to shove so much down McAnthonys throat and gob on a stick Barry Fry.

If he fails to shine in that game, then there’s your answer pal.

To go back to ibs’ question, I think if he lost half a stone his mobility would be better. He’s definitely carrying more arse, actually so is Nombe come to think of it.

Have the faith, JCH will hit more than 10 goals this season, a thing Hugill can only dream about.