+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Oxford City 27.01.21 [FAT QF]

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    I was thinking about that Sam goal.

If Chicksen had put a decent ball in we'd never have seen it.
    Chicken must have two of the most undeserved assists in the history of football. The first was a poor ball to Sam that accidentally committed their player by being misdirected; the second was a cross behind Sam. Still, I’ll take those every game if they lead to goals for us.

Great goals all!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The Ardley disciples v Ardley haters thing is a bit pathetic, but there’s no doubt we shouldn’t be as mind numbingly boring as what we are in this league.
    Regarding this game, I would have to be 'Ardley neutral' if such a radical concept is allowed. What he did at half time certainly changed the game, but I can't go overboard in praising him for two reasons. Firstly, if the second half formation was the right one, why didn't we play it from the start? Secondly, we were fortunate to be only one goal behind at the break, and it took a once in a lifetime wonder strike from Sam to give us the lead. They dominated the first half, we dominated the second, so it could easily have gone to penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We are a non league team? **** when did that happen? The way some folk talk we are one of the best sides in Europe with a budget to match.

The Oxford manager bemoaned the fact his side hadn’t played for a few weeks, what a leveller when half the Notts side yesterday have hardly kicked a ball in anger all season. It’s great that some of these fringe players of got some game time. There isn’t a footballer in the world that could rock up and perform to his or her ability when playing so infrequently.

We are in the semi final of a cup we are favourites to win. If that’s mediocrity then I will take it.
    Hopefully if we live up to the billing we might just be able to visit Wembley with fans.
    Your entitled to your mediocrity,
    May it serve you well.
    But whether you like it or not , we are not a mediocre club in the national league we are top 2 if not top one regards attendances, finances and facilities.
    It's all about perspective so if you like we are like the club in Europe with a budget to match but obviously on a smaller scale.
    I'm sure oxford city would love our backing.
    Xxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    But it was the Build a Bear Cup thingy that you can't stand, you would rather "gouge your eyes out" than watch. So why do you all of sudden care so much about a game you didn't watch? Plus we played the reserves so you shouldn't care this much. You don't care this much?! What's happening here Ken? You are all over the shop.

I think it's safe to say that you haven't at all come to terms with Notts being a non league side. You appear to be really struggling with the reality of the situation. No wonder you are one sided in your comments and criticism never praise#noagenda
    I care about notts.i get embarrassed when a lesser team than us comes and outplays us for 45 mins.
    Obviously it doesn't seem to bother you.
    It seems you believe we are a team on a par with the likes of oxford city Weymouth maidenhead dover kings lynne.?
    Yes we are non league but we are a step above.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Your entitled to your mediocrity,
    May it serve you well.
    But whether you like it or not , we are not a mediocre club in the national league we are top 2 if not top one regards attendances, finances and facilities.
    It's all about perspective so if you like we are like the club in Europe with a budget to match but obviously on a smaller scale.
    I'm sure oxford city would love our backing.
    Xxxxxx
    Serious question Pedro why do you think we have the best budget?

You didn't watch the game. You don't care about the competition. You are extremely reluctant to give any praise, ever. You don't answer questions just ask lots.

Can you give praise to lovely guy Neal Ardley turning temporarily into Mr Nasty at half time to get a response from the underperforming fringe players?

To answer your latest questions We are not on a par with the likes of Oxford City, Weymouth, Maidenhead, Dover, Kings Lynne or Kings Lynn. I have never and will never say that. We should get promoted this season, said it dozens of times now but you choose to ignore#noexcuses

Whereas you seem to have a real problem when Notts don't dominate a team with far less resources in our league or heavens forbid a league below. This has been evident ever since we've been relegated out of the football league. You are going to have to get past this issue or its going to eat you up every time we drop points.

All ex league clubs that drop to this level lose to teams with a fraction of their resources. You ask any Oxford, Luton, Wrexham, Stockport, Mansfailed, Chesterfield, Lincoln etc fan. They will all have countless examples of embarrassing losses to part time teams. That's what happens None of these teams had a devine right to beat part timers, or full time teams with less resources nor do we.

Let's not forget when we were still in the league our Stylish Magpies with all its resources lost to the footballing greats of Salford, Kettering, and Havant & Waterlooville not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Serious question Pedro why do you think we have the best budget?
    Parachute payments and decent home attendances.
    Also assume we have wealthy owners who have financially supported the club through the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Parachute payments and decent home attendances.
    Also assume we have wealthy owners who have financially supported the club through the pandemic.
    But that doesn’t mean we have the best budget as the owners set the budget.
    The owners said in their Q&A and please correct me if I’m wrong as it’s not word for word.

We are slightly underperforming to where we expect to be (think we were 7th)

We are looking for value in signings

If we are not promoted league funding stops for academy and that probably means it becomes unfeasible

I don’t think these guys are throwing money at us. We haven’t got a massive squad at all and within that 4 or so young players on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Regarding this game, I would have to be 'Ardley neutral' if such a radical concept is allowed. What he did at half time certainly changed the game, but I can't go overboard in praising him for two reasons. Firstly, if the second half formation was the right one, why didn't we play it from the start? Secondly, we were fortunate to be only one goal behind at the break, and it took a once in a lifetime wonder strike from Sam to give us the lead. They dominated the first half, we dominated the second, so it could easily have gone to penalties.
    I’m agnostic about the Trophy, and I’ve also accepted that one way or another, we’re going to still be in the National league next season, but hopefully with fans in attendance and a different manager.

The ongoing debate about the current manager’s abilities or lack of them has been done to death.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast