+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Has TS lost his mojo?

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Good point,MT was unhappy that his main targets were not signed and had to go down the pecking order.He also brought to TS's attention the need to tie players down with better contracts and not to suffer, like we did with Ogbene going for nothing.
    Agree to some extent,but we knew ogbene was a trade off between survival or cash in in January and we chose the latter and was justified.but yes MT did say we must not let that keep happening but yet Swiss tony says he lets the managers manager….its all abit of a mess really,there might be a lot of collective responsibility here.but some are more than others..

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    And Rathbone will be the next one….absolute joke retaining any of our players yet Basil is eager to sign????
    I'm eager to sign another contract with my company. All they have to do is pay me 40% more and I'm all theirs. It's that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Yes that may well be the case and certainly that course of events has been suggested by a few people who claim to be in the know.
    If that really is WHAT happened then surely a more pressing question is WHY it happened and that ought to be uppermost in TS's mind because he put the club in this unenviable position in the first place.
    If it's about money then most of the names being mentioned weren't realistic in any case and if it's about the personal ambition of the candidates then the same applies.
    Talk about a self-imposed rock and hard place.
    Fans claim we always go for the cheap option we’re so tinpot.
    Chairman goes for an experienced manager loses out because we’re not quite an attractive enough club.
    Chairman gets criticised.
    TS should sell up and retire because he can’t win.
    I mean there will be loads of investors waiting won’t they?
    Impossible job managing us impossible job owning us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Chairman goes for an experienced manager loses out because we’re not quite an attractive enough club.
    True what you said I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I'm eager to sign another contract with my company. All they have to do is pay me 40% more and I'm all theirs. It's that easy.
    Pip, Where have you got 40% from? Rathbone didn’t go on to mention wages in his last big interview about a new contract?

It kind of makes you wonder what's the point of it all if we just keep going round in circles?

It kind of makes you wonder what's the point of it all if we just keep going round in circles?
    We’re a league 1 club pal. As much as I don’t want to admit it we are.

We’re a league 1 club pal. As much as I don’t want to admit it we are.
    Little doubt about that Pocket but the problem is will people just accept that is the case? It certainty wont attract young fans for the future.
    Makes you think it's a good job TS only built a 12000 seater stadium and all this talk of increasing the capacity is just nonsense

Little doubt about that Pocket but the problem is will people just accept that is the case? It certainty wont attract young fans for the future.
    Makes you think it's a good job TS only built a 12000 seater stadium and all this talk of increasing the capacity is just nonsense
    I suppose one saving grace is our foray into championship in the early 2000”s was left a crippling legacy when we felt out of it,the landscape has changed and at least that is of the table now so it’s more palatable in that respect,although that does heighten people’s desire for success in doing so,rather than just being satisfied we have a club to support.

Does acceptance of being a league 1 club "because that's what we are" mean there is little or no ambition? And if that is the case where is the challenge to compete in the first place, and if that's the case, what is the point of having a football club?
    To accept lower level mediocrity will soon see gate numbers drop to 3k or 4k or even less, just like in the bad old days at Millmoor in the 70s.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast