Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Admin appeals 12 point deduction

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,025

    Admin appeals 12 point deduction

    ..... what it says on the tin

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58868575

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,049
    I read that, and have to say (a) I'm not convinced that there are grounds and (b) doing so will simply encourage the EFL to dig their heels in on the FFP breach penalty.

    Still its another few hundred thousands of the taxmans money going!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I read that, and have to say (a) I'm not convinced that there are grounds and (b) doing so will simply encourage the EFL to dig their heels in on the FFP breach penalty.

    Still its another few hundred thousands of the taxmans money going!
    It smacks of stalling tactics.
    The longer they can dwell on the original 12 points penalty, nothing else goes on.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,059
    I don't agree with either the appeal or the reason given. Using my regular phrase, suck it up buttercup.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    It smacks of stalling tactics.
    The longer they can dwell on the original 12 points penalty, nothing else goes on.
    So, basically, what you wrote is that, as long as we are appealing the 12 points deduction, the EFL can't deduct us a number of points for exceeding FFP on one or more 3 year cycles.

    Is that what you meant?

    If it is I believe you are wrong. The two aren't/shouldn't be connected as they are separate charges.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,317
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    So, basically, what you wrote is that, as long as we are appealing the 12 points deduction, the EFL can't deduct us a number of points for exceeding FFP on one or more 3 year cycles.

    Is that what you meant?

    If it is I believe you are wrong. The two aren't/shouldn't be connected as they are separate charges.
    Yes Maddy I know that. But the belief is, that you have had 12 points deducted now. The other 9 are at their pleasure for the books + 3 for any further failings.

    I was told, they may sit on them this season and give them you them next season. Of course Sheff Weds/Wycombe aren't happy anyway. The both suffered for the stalling last last season. This latest stall, could see another back lash.
    No way the EFL are letting this go.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Yes Maddy I know that. But the belief is, that you have had 12 points deducted now. The other 9 are at their pleasure for the books + 3 for any further failings.

    I was told, they may sit on them this season and give them you them next season. Of course Sheff Weds/Wycombe aren't happy anyway. The both suffered for the stalling last last season. This latest stall, could see another back lash.
    No way the EFL are letting this go.
    Derby stalling last season?

    Who brought the charges? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took ages to convene the disciplinary committee? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took ages to deliver the original verdict? Derby or the EFL disciplinary committee?
    Who took almost the entire 28 day period to decide to appeal the accounting question but not the ground sale? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took forever to convene the appeal hearing? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took another age to deliver the appeal verdict? Derby or the EFL?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,317
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Derby stalling last season?

    Who brought the charges? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took ages to convene the disciplinary committee? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took ages to deliver the original verdict? Derby or the EFL disciplinary committee?
    Who took almost the entire 28 day period to decide to appeal the accounting question but not the ground sale? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took forever to convene the appeal hearing? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took another age to deliver the appeal verdict? Derby or the EFL?
    One answer, submitting the accounts. Derby/EFL?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,025
    The request to resubmit the 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18 accounts wasn't made until AFTER last season ended. In fact, until AFTER the appeal verdict was released.

    If you're referring to more recent accounts, they weren't submitted to Companies House, to the best of my knowledge, because the EFL verdict would probably mean them having to be changed.....

    So the answer to your question is both DCFC AND the EFL.

    Now, You aske, I answered. I asked and your response was a question. How about answering the questions?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,317
    Maddy I can dance around with that lot all day.
    The simple fact is The EFL can and has moved at its own speed as it sees fit. It makes the rules.
    I only have to go back to jan 2020 when Birmingham were clobbered immediately. Derby with such a tangled mess of deception has dragged this out forever.
    For me, lasy season was an injustice on Wycombe and I blame the EFL for that. They should have been as decisive with DCFC as they had been with others.
    The fact we still haven't actually issued those punishments for last seasons offences, leaves many questions.
    Are they covering up their own inadequacies? Are they staving off legal action from those who suffered?

    No denying for me, DCFC have been abusing the rules for years.
    The **** show with the stadium confirmed that.

    They like hiding behind section 92 though, where they may make a decision at any time and make more than one decision at anytime. Hardy fair on those that got clobbered so quickly.

    reminder. https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...morris-3749812

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •