+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tykes Tv

Tykes Tv

A powerful latest video by Luke Goddard, pulls no punches and articulates much of what I feel.
    Also check him out on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    A powerful latest video by Luke Goddard, pulls no punches and articulates much of what I feel.
    I saw it yesterday Nozzer and he's seen the owners for what they are more or less since they took ownership of the club .

The thing is what's this all about ? , we rant on here , bbs posters rant and did a poll on ST takeup next season , 56% aren't renewing .

It's all well and good ranting on social media but so what .

Collective action is the only way forward in my opinion and I've said it for over two years now .

We can all that .

We can all rant .

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post

Yes Nozzer I've seen it too mate. I always like listening to Luke G. He speaks with passion and he's clearly not afraid to speak his mind. That video pretty much summed up how many of us are feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

It's all well and good ranting on social media but so what .

Collective action is the only way forward in my opinion and I've said it for over two years now .
    2 to 3 years ago there was a 3 way divide between what the fans thought of these owners imo. Some thought they were good for the club, some thought they were bad and some were undecided.

By ranting on social media tha being heard loud and clear mate. Dunt underestimate the power of it.

The folk who've called this lot art fo what they are from the start have constantly aired their views despite much ridicule in some cases.

I finally think the majority of Barnsley fans are now against the PMG. What I'm saying is that collective action is better served when the majority are singing from the same hymn sheet. How could you gather any sort of collective momentum say 2 year ago, when there were too many undecided?

I think the fact that a few thousand renewed season tickets during covid when they knew they'd probably not see a game, then they get a poor summer transfer window with zero investment by the owners despite a 5th placed finish, the missing 750k, then the West Stand fiasco and the infamous statement from our CEO basically stating that the PMG's ethos is about selling players which is more important than success on the pitch. That's been the tipping point for many I'd imagine. Oh yes, collective action is not too far away imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    2 to 3 years ago there was a 3 way divide between what the fans thought of these owners imo. Some thought they were good for the club, some thought they were bad and some were undecided.

By ranting on social media tha being heard loud and clear mate. Dunt underestimate the power of it.

The folk who've called this lot art fo what they are from the start have constantly aired their views despite much ridicule in some cases.

I finally think the majority of Barnsley fans are now against the PMG. What I'm saying is that collective action is better served when the majority are singing from the same hymn sheet. How could you gather any sort of collective momentum say 2 year ago, when there were too many undecided?

I think the fact that a few thousand renewed season tickets during covid when they knew they'd probably not see a game, then they get a poor summer transfer window with zero investment by the owners despite a 5th placed finish, the missing 750k, then the West Stand fiasco and the infamous statement from our CEO basically stating that the PMG's ethos is about selling players which is more important than success on the pitch. That's been the tipping point for many I'd imagine. Oh yes, collective action is not too far away imo.
    Some fair points Pass and you are probably spot on .

My own position was to give them a good go from the beginning .

It changed for me when they cashed in on Pinnock , Lindsay , Moore and Adam Davies wouldn't sign a new deal .

The club at that point were on to something with Stendel and with some investment behind him and keeping everyone here and building on that we could have achieved something special .

The club who did that were down the road at the Blunts under Wilder and kicked on when they finally got out of league one .

I expected a different strategy from the Pat Cryne tenure and seize the opportunity .

It actually works out worse than Cryne today because Pat never had us in the championship play offs and if we couldn't build on last season and become massively established at this level then when the feck could you ?

Even Pat couldn't have fecked this up to the extent these feck heads have done in 6 months .

Arr blame SB he wa instigata , he's also continues it to this day!

Since this model was started in 2014 under Pat and James Cryne and taken on by PMG neither ownership have been able to manage it too well in my opinion .

That to me has always been the problem .

The idea is a good one and analytics have a role in the game today but that's only half of the requirements to make it successful if that .

If you watch Dragon's Den you see loads of entrepreneurs come on and pitch to the Dragons , most present very well and you think that's a good idea or a great product .

It's not long before Peter Jones and co dig down in to the weeds and expose the faults and flaws and I suspect that if Pat and James had taken this model on Dragons Den they would have left the Den with a flea in their ear and no investment .

Not because it's a poor idea but because they weren't managing it very well .

If this model had been managed correctly then how come 6 years on from its conception we have the worst performing team at this level in our history and haven't any money left in the bank .

The idea is fine , it's the characters around it who have always been the problem in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Since this model was started in 2014 under Pat and James Cryne and taken on by PMG neither ownership have been able to manage it too well in my opinion .

That to me has always been the problem .

The idea is a good one and analytics have a role in the game today but that's only half of the requirements to make it successful if that .

If you watch Dragon's Den you see loads of entrepreneurs come on and pitch to the Dragons , most present very well and you think that's a good idea or a great product .

It's not long before Peter Jones and co dig down in to the weeds and expose the faults and flaws and I suspect that if Pat and James had taken this model on Dragons Den they would have left the Den with a flea in their ear and no investment .

Not because it's a poor idea but because they weren't managing it very well .

If this model had been managed correctly then how come 6 years on from its conception we have the worst performing team at this level in our history and haven't any money left in the bank .

The idea is fine , it's the characters around it who have always been the problem in my opinion .

Agree with that

It's the inflexibilty baked into the plan abart youth I am not happy with.

A plan that includes an acceptance that five experienced players, who may or may not have sell-on value, are allowed in the squad makes more sense to me. No need to wait until we are in trouble before older heads are brought in.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast