Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
Totally agree, MA. Years ago - school days - things were more polarised. I followed what was then called the ProgRock and Folk/rock - think King Crimson, Deep Purple, ELP, Moody Blues, and many major U.S. bands - route and we had little in common with the soul boys in fact it got quite acrimonious at times in a ‘hairies’ v ‘skinheads’ type scenario. I long since realised that I missed out on a lot of wonderful music by being so ‘cliquey’ in relation to genres.

Jackson Browne was never a top favourite, in the way for instance that James Taylor and CSN&Y were, a bit of a poor man’s Dylan imo...but still always worth a listen and one of my great regrets is that, about five years ago, we arrived in Ventura only to find that JB had played an old cinema in the town the night before. Would have been an ‘occasion’ but sadly wasn’t to be. Might dig out his ‘The Next Voice You Hear’ CD this morning. Still going strong at approaching 75 I think.

P.S. Given your knowledge of vinyl...I’ve been told that my original copy of the Pretty Things’ ‘SF Sorrow’ is worth quite a lot. It’s definitely in good to very good condition, totally playable but not ‘mint’. Any ideas of value?
Mint condition would be 800. Near Mint 700. VG+/Ex 400. VG 200

grading explanations PMed to you.