+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Lincoln City 08.08.23 [EFLC R1]

When LW took over last season, I was completely underwhelmed by the start we had. We looked leggy, fragmented and I couldn’t see what we were trying to achieve. We’d also not addressed our weak midfield which was considered to be our undoing in the previous campaign.
    That all changed in the second half against Chesterfield at Meadow Lane. From that point our energy levels and confidence shot up.
    I’m hoping, that once more, we’re finding our feet and it’s all about to click.
    We’re good enough to play at this level, I’m positive of it. But the team have to believe that and earn the right to play our game.

If the owners have got rid of the radar staff doing Notts recruitment, then who's doing it because Williams says he's not involved

Good god it’s drama Queen central on here. Yes we need at least one defender maybe two depending on the quality of Tipton.
    Yes the bros have let one of the recruitment team go, now it’s all of them? Then how have we done all this early business? We’ve also recruited a CEO in the same time, if we’re that skint why bother?
    It’s a very bad league game performance and a mixed bag from last night but considering opposition and changes then understandable.
    I can’t understand how people can go from total euphoria about our club to this, LW and the Bros will sort if they believe this will continue, end of.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Good god it’s drama Queen central on here. Yes we need at least one defender maybe two depending on the quality of Tipton.
    Yes the bros have let one of the recruitment team go, now it’s all of them? Then how have we done all this early business? We’ve also recruited a CEO in the same time, if we’re that skint why bother?
    It’s a very bad league game performance and a mixed bag from last night but considering opposition and changes then understandable.
    I can’t understand how people can go from total euphoria about our club to this, LW and the Bros will sort if they believe this will continue, end of.
    Drama Queens or not . The LW post match interview was worrying at best. That wasn't a man who was relishing a challenge, he was totally demoralised.

I know he wears his heart on his sleeve, but bearing in mind that he needs to inspire/bully/cajole/encourage/organise his squad , he didn't look in a good place .

Hopefully he will bounce back . He deserves to succeed .

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Drama Queens or not . The LW post match interview was worrying at best. That wasn't a man who was relishing a challenge, he was totally demoralised.

I know he wears his heart on his sleeve, but bearing in mind that he needs to inspire/bully/cajole/encourage/organise his squad , he didn't look in a good place .

He looked a man who'd put his faith in players who he now knows either can't or won't repay that faith

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Apparently the bros have gotten rid of the team at football radar that dealt with notts' recruitment.
    Thanks for the summary BC.

He’s just fuming about the corner and at Baldwin. Like everyone on here acknowledges it feels worse because of Sat, this guy will sort, players respect him.

Maybe matt you should stop calling concerned posters drama queen's and get your head out the sand and smell the coffee.
    Luke's post match interview and the pre season interview caused me alarm "no idea how the players will perform in league 2 " well you do now like.

What worries me is that LW doesn't seem to have a solid grasp of what is required to be successful at this level. He's a bit of a maverick when it comes to tactics and approach, and that makes the whole thing feel a bit like a giant experiment. It could go spectacularly well or it could blow up in our faces.

Other clubs have managers who understand exactly what is needed - relative dinosaurs like Parkinson, Clough, and Hughes. They understand that you need to be well drilled, solid at the back, and physical first, and once you've got that solid foundation in place, you can then start to think about playing fancy attacking football.

Fans of other clubs have called out their astonishment at our high line and kamikaze defending just as much as they have our attacking prowess, and every team we play will be looking to exploit our obvious weaknesses. What are we doing to counter that threat?

We'll know a lot more after Saturday, but it already looks like a pivotal game. I'm not confident because I know those issues that have been plain as day for months now will still be there.

We're playing in a higher division now. What worked in the NL won't necessarily work in L2. Possession football means nothing if the opposition has three times as many chances are we do.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    What worries me is that LW doesn't seem to have a solid grasp of what is required to be successful at this level. He's a bit of a maverick when it comes to tactics and approach, and that makes the whole thing feel a bit like a giant experiment. It could go spectacularly well or it could blow up in our faces.

Other clubs have managers who understand exactly what is needed - relative dinosaurs like Parkinson, Clough, and Hughes. They understand that you need to be well drilled, solid at the back, and physical first, and once you've got that solid foundation in place, you can then start to think about playing fancy attacking football.

Fans of other clubs have called out their astonishment at our high line and kamikaze defending just as much as they have our attacking prowess, and every team we play will be looking to exploit our obvious weaknesses. What are we doing to counter that threat?

We'll know a lot more after Saturday, but it already looks like a pivotal game. I'm not confident because I know those issues that have been plain as day for months now will still be there.

We're playing in a higher division now. What worked in the NL won't necessarily work in L2. Possession football means nothing if the opposition has three times as many chances are we do.
    The majority of our attacking prowess came from the fact we played against teams who would stand off us and not attack back. League 2 have no such fear of us and will attack us, it exposes our defence and nullifies our attack. The fact we had 70% possession but had a solitary shot on target is pathetic

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast